How to Safely Manage Your Money During the Coronavirus Pandemic
If you’ve been following the guidelines set by the CDC to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, you’re careful to avoid touching your face and to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. But did you know that the cash in your wallet is carrying thousands of germs and other microorganisms? Debit cards aren’t much better, and usually carry their own armies of germs and microorganisms.
As the coronavirus continues to spread, it’s best to stick to these guidelines for hygienic money management:
- Bank online with our convenience services. These services include Online Banking, Mobile Banking & Telephone Banking, as well as Mobile Deposit which is available through our app. These services allow you to perform most of your daily banking needs from the comfort of your home.
- Disinfect and clean debit cards. They can pick up germs from every surface they contact and should be cleaned and sanitized often.
- Minimize the use of cash. Cash can carry a tremendous amount of germs since it changes hands very often.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds after touching cash, or a debit or credit card.
- Wash your hands before and after touching a payment terminal or an ATM.
Follow these guidelines to keep safe and to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.