Did You Know… Auto Loans
An automobile is a major investment. Just think about it: In the last 10 years, have you bought anything that costs more than a car? A house or your kid’s education, maybe. Yet, unlike a house, a car is not going to appreciate in value; and unlike an education, a SUV is not going to increase your offspring’s earning potential.
Negotiating a good price on your car can be stressful but arranging for a good deal on your loan might not have to be. When they think of car loans, most people think of banks and dealer financing – but a credit union may offer the best, most flexible terms and the fastest loan process that’s available to you.
If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, stop by TFCU before you shop to see what we have to offer you! Did you know that at TFCU:
• There are no requirements when applying for an auto loan at TFCU. As long as you are or qualify to be a member at TFCU, you can apply at any time!
• You’re offered a competitive rate and we offer many services including GAP protection, which helps protect your investment in the event of a total loss.
• An Extended Warranty service is available which can be added to the principal balance of the loan and is often less expensive than purchasing it at the dealership.
• Financing is available on vehicles that are 8 years old or newer.
• You can refinance your loan from another institution! Refinancing your vehicle loan can lead to a lower monthly payment, a shorter term, or both! It depends on a wide range of factors, including the value of your vehicle, how much you owe on your current loan, and your credit standing. If any of these factors have changed since you bought your car, you owe it to yourself to check out your refinancing options.
Why pay more for the same quality service? Dealers tend to have a smaller range of lenders with whom they work exclusively. Those lenders know they have limited exposure to competition, so they can charge slightly higher fees and interest rates. By doing your own comparison shopping, you can save a bit on both the loan and any ancillary insurances or warranties you may have purchased.
Need more info? Ready to apply for an auto loan? Visit www.tauntonfcu.com/auto or call us at (508) 824-6466 for more information or to apply today!